- › Refractory Material
- › Insulation Material
- › Energy Product
- › Solution
- › About Us
- › Company Profile
- › Company News
- › Company Honor
- › Technical Support
- › Contact Us
Analysis of the advantages and disadvantages of EAF and induction furnace steelmaking(2)[12/17/2021]
2. The oxidation burning loss of the elements in the induction furnace steelmaking is less. Because in the induction furnace steelmaking, there is no ultra-high temperature effect of the electric arc, so that the burning loss rate of the elements in the steel is lower.
3. The composition and temperature of the molten steel in the induction furnace steelmaking are relatively uniform. Because it is the action of electromagnetic force, the inductor and the molten steel are mutually repelled, so that the molten steel in the center of the crucible rises, and the molten steel in the edge of the crucible Decline, and produce the phenomenon of molten steel circulating movement. This electromagnetic stirring effect promotes the uniformity of the chemical composition and temperature of the molten steel in the molten steel, and is beneficial to the floating of non-metallic inclusions in the molten steel.
4. The ability of slag to participate in metallurgical reactions in induction furnace steelmaking is poor. In theEAF steelmaking, the temperature of the slag is higher than that of the molten steel, and the slag has a strong ability to participate in the metallurgical reaction. In the induction furnace, the slag is heated by molten steel and the temperature is low, so the ability to participate in the metallurgical reaction is weak. Therefore, in the induction furnace steelmaking, the effect of the metallurgical processes such as desulfurization, dephosphorization and diffusion deoxidation is worse than that of theEAF steelmaking.
5. The requirements for the charge (scrap steel) of the induction furnace steelmaking are relatively high. Due to the weak metallurgical reaction ability of the induction furnace steelmaking and the emphasis on remelting, it needs better charge (good material, less rust and oil pollution), and the block shape cannot be large.
6. induction furnace steelmaking is more in line with environmental protection requirements, whileEAF steelmaking generates a lot of waste gas, waste slag and noise, and consumes high energy.